Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Comments from Advance Readers

Some comments from advance readers of volume 2 have been heartening. That's always pleasing. One reader thinks the book is too detailed and too long. If you want a brief summary, this book is not for you. Reread the Proclaimers book. My book IS full of detail, stories untold, and Watch Tower history as you have never read it before.

One reader thinks I was unkind to Zoe Knox. I reject that thought. In fact I praised her last book. I find the complaints a bit discouraging, but better to have them in advance than after publication. I can address reasonable complaints now.

I will not, however, condense volume 2. The detail alters the story as usually told. It clarifies issues. As we explain in the introductory essays, the chapters are stand alone essays, and there is some overlap. It is, I think, impossible to avoid that, given the very narrow date range covered by this book.

While writing, I was continually surprised by the 'stories' we uncovered. I hope you are as pleased to read them as I was to write them.

Complaints and negative comments are welcome from the limited number of advance readers. Please make them within the limits I noted above.

No comments: