Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2020

Research Questions

I cannot undertake extensive research in your behalf. I'm old, infirm, and none of the blog writers knows every detail of Watch Tower history.

We expect you to pursue your own research. Yes, I know pinning some things to the ground is difficult. Do any of you think my research has been easy? That it has taken from 2013 to 2020 to finish volume 2 of Separate Identity should tell you that it has not been easy. There is seldom an easy research path. Do not expect every question you have to have an easy answer.

I also do not have time or the inclination to discuss your contrary observations especially when they are phrased or based on indistinct phrases. I may say, for example, that I've researched some aspect of Watch Tower history from many years. What does that mean? Three? Seventy? And when did I start? 1950? 2017? And at what age did I start? Ten? Twenty? Seventy? One cannot date an inexact statement on the statement alone. Do not expect me to engage with you over this or anything similar.

I've received emails from someone in Poland asking to differentiate between a date in October 1914. The event at hand is variously dated to the first and second, October 1914. This is outside my current research, and while it may be important, it is not a subject I'm pursuing or will pursue anytime in the near future. Do not send me a list of modern Watchtower quotations. The original source material is what matters. Find it.

If you can't find it, query the Watchtower Society. They made the claim. They can tell you why they used two different dates. Write them or email them if you have an email contact.

Their address is Office of Public Information, 1 Kings Dr, Tuxedo Park, NY 10987-5500. Include your email address in the return address. Date your letter. Keep your question simple and to the point. Expect a delay. The office of public information is working on some complex projects. No, don't ask what they are. I do not know; I only know of them. An answer will require some time. If your letter is obnoxious, do not expect an answer.

No comments: