Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2023

Three Booklets

 I traded away some really rare-ish booklets for three booklets I need for current research. They belonged to William Morris Wright, a society director. Shown below is George Hessler's Sounding of the Seventh Trumpet. This is listed in the Publications Index; it was published in Scranton, Pa, in 1888.


Not listed in the Index is The Resurrection, or an Answer to a Letter from a Non-Believer in the Resurrection of the Wicked Dead by John W. Brite of Missouri. His association with Russell was brief. He transitioned to Paton's theology. However this booklet was written during his brief association with the Watch Tower. 


The third booklet is a mystery. At first I believed this was another from Brite's pen. After reading it, I don't think that anymore. It is fairly well done and the author respects the scriptures, focusing on what they actually say. He saw the People's Church movement as attractive, but it was so varied that I can't reach any conclusions from that.

So, I need your help: Can you put an author's name to this booklet?




No comments: