Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2018

We need to identify to exact name the writter of this letter

St. Louis, Mo., March 7th, '87.
DEAR BROTHER C. T. RUSSELL:--I am
highly delighted with the February No.
W. TOWER, especially so with "The Time
is Short" and "No Variableness, Neither
Shadow of Turning," and with the March
No. which came in this A.M. Indeed I
am always refreshed, strengthened by each
Z.W.T. more and more, and my heart
(mind) swells with gratitude and love to
God for such interpretations of His Word.
The Article "Whose Wife Shall She Be?"
is clear, reasonable, manifestly Scriptural,
deep, logical and convincing, on a subject
which I never saw so plainly before. This
only shows how many mysteries are no
doubt hidden in God's Word, yet to be
revealed to his faithful ones.

I preach more or less every day. My
heart is in the work and must do it. O
how I would like to spend an hour or two
with you, but I am afraid I shall not be
able to visit you this next anniversary
Supper. If I should have no one with
me, I will celebrate the Supper alone, with
the Lord, and hope you will not forget me
in your feasting and prayers.
Truly yours in the Service of the truth,
DR. J. R. M__________.

2 comments:

agape said...

Richard Lawrence just come across something I thought interesting john Greenleaf whittier the new England quaker poet who work is in the watchtower feb 1885 ( our master) poem. the full poem did not come for a year latter so it was in the watchtower first

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

Whittier was a close friend to G. Storrs. We do not know what his relationship to Russell was. Russell used one of his poems in The Minister's Daughter, a tract advertising Millennial Dawn.