Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2022

Issues

I've stated this before, but it's time for a refresher. I am not interested in having this blog or my books translated into other languages. If I ever find that attractive, I will hire a professional translator. Please don't ask.

If you contact me, use your real name. Fake names are easy to spot. Picking the name of a dead comedian is a dead give away. 

I have limited control over how material on this blog is used. I can insure accuracy. Even then, understanding changes as research develops. If you use older posts without using the search function to find newer content - or contacting Jerome or me - you may not be using the best research. Many of the questions I receive can be answered by reading my books. Look there first. I will insist that you take down material copied from this blog without permission. This blog is copyright protected under US and International Copyright law.

What you believe is between you and God. In this setting, I will not argue theology with you. I've heard it all. I've been a Witness since 1952, and it is unlikely that you have an argument I haven't heard dozens of times - thousands of times. Also, our blog editors are not stupid. We're at least as educated as any of our readers, and we're old guys who are difficult to deceive. Don't even try.

You disagree with some element of our research? Fine, that happens in academic circles all the time. Write a blog post, footnoted to original sources.  Prove your point. If it's well-written, accurate, and derived from original sources, I'll publish it. Otherwise? Make your own blog and post your nonsense there. 

You want to help with our work? Good. Fine. Dandy. I post research requests. Tackle one of those. You find something interesting and pursue it? Write up the result and send it on. You want to send a photo? Make it the best quality you can. If it's poor quality, I probably cannot use it.

I'm not your personal encyclopedia. Do your own research before asking me questions.


 

No comments: