Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

I've lost it.

 I had, and probably still have but misfiled, a newspaper article that told how A. D. Jones accumulated his wealth. I need it desperately and  can't find it online either, but I'm not focusing well - an effect of my current medication.

Can you find it?

FOUND IT: New York, New York, Press, December 27, 1896.


ALSO, in the Jones v. Jones divorce papers, W. H. Conley noted a meeting between Thomas Benton Riter, his partner in Riter and Conley, a Eugene F. Smith of New York and himself. There are several Eugene F. Smiths, or there appear to be. Can you help identify the E. F. Smith who was a business associate of Conley and Riter? Perhaps a broker or a lawyer?



3 comments:

jerome said...

For A D Jones' wealth you may find something in the cuttings in this post:
https://jeromehistory.blogspot.com/2019/11/1-introduction-to-albert-delmont-jones.html

German Girl said...

Dear Bruce, please get better soon. Your work is very much appreciated.

Semer said...

Dear brother, I hardly ever participate on this blog, but words fail to express how thankful I feel for your work.