Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Good news and Bad news

The good news is that Separate Identity, vol 2 is still on track for a March 2020 release.

The Bad News is that it will cost about $40.00 USD. Despite my best efforts, I cannot find a way to reduce the cost. However, if I can enlist the help of a techie, this volume will have an ebook release too. It will cost less. I regret this, but I cannot change it.

Update:

As it stands now - still being edited and with a few additions - :

Two Introductory Essays and an Afterword that is chapter length.
Sixteen Chapters
602 pages
297,000 words
150 Photos and illustrations, many of which haven't seen the light of day in well over a century.
Fully footnoted so readers can follow our research path.

Contents

Introductory Essay – B. W. Schulz

Introductory Essay – R. M. de Vienne

Chapter One
     Foundation

Chapter Two
     Seeking Cohesion

Chapter Three
     Out of Babylon

Chapter Four
     Congregation Culture: 1880-1886

Chapter Five
     Organizing and Financing the Work

Chapter Six
     The Publishing Ministry

Chapter Seven
     Evangelical Voice

Chapter Eight
     The Church in Maria’s House

Chapter Nine
     New Workers in the Field

Chapter Ten
     Clergymen and Lay Preachers

Chapter Eleven
     Foreign Language Fields Within the United States

Chapter Twelve
     Food for Thinking Christians


Chapter Thirteen
     In All the Earth: The United Kingdom

Chapter Fourteen
     Joseph Moffitt: An Important Early Voice

Chapter Fifteen
     In All the Earth: Canada

Chapter Sixteen
     In all the Earth: China and Other Lands

Afterword

     Doctrinal Evolution and Prophetic Failure

9 comments:

jerome said...

Volume 2 is going to have well over 200 more pages than volume 1 had, so I am not surprised. Within reason, those interested will pay the price I am sure. Jan Stilson's Encyclopedia of the Church of God Abrahamic Faith came in at $39 a little while back and is around 600 pages. So that is the going rate for an illustrated book of this size. But an ebook release would be good too.

Bernhard said...

This is not a bad news!! All your hard work for researching is priceless. I‘m happy to get this in march. Thanks so much, Bruce!!

latecomer said...

It will be well worth the price, I am confident!

Andrew said...

Bruce:

Considering the incredible amount of work that has gone into this book, $40.00 is in incredible bargain.

Andrew Grzadzielewski

Gary said...

Sounds good to me! I do not like paying over the odds for scholarly works, but then do not consider $40 unreasonable.

Semer said...

That's good news! $40 is worth it, I love these books!

Poor_German_Collector said...

Considering the quality of Vol.I, $40 sounds cheap to me. This is what I need to spend for visiting a cinema three times or going out for a pizza two times.

ZionsHerald said...

Bruce,

Creating a password protected ebook in various formats should be an easy task to accomplish. I would be able to assist with that.

ZionsHerald

B. W. Schulz said...

Thanks for your offer. When all the edits and re-writes are done, I'll take you up on your offer.