Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2020

The Barbour Collection


I'm very close to losing this. I've committed everything I can spare. If you can donate even a minimal amount to the cause, it will help.


Update:
  
I was not able to purchase the Barbour collection. It sold for over $2800, and donations combined with my own money totaled under $1000. If you want your contribution back, let me know by Wednesday next week.

However, if you donated to this project and are willing, I have put off buying expensive scans and photocopies from the Library of Congress, a Massachusetts based museum, and other libraries, and I will use the money for that. The amounts donated will nearly cover this. These are things I need to consult as I write SI vol. three.
  
If I do not hear from you by next Wednesday, I will presume you are okay with this. 

Among the items I need to see are tracts by early associates, some of whom left the movement. I need a photo copy of two years of a magazine, the complete set. Last quotation I had for that was $350 dollars. Research is expensive.
  
It is depressing to lose out on the Barbour material, and as I said, it has gone down a dark hole, purchased by a collector not known for his eagerness to share. If he reads this, perhaps he will provide me with scans or photocopies. I would be most grateful.

No comments: