Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Conley, yet again ...

 There are issues, questions that I'd like resolved but probably won't pursue. But here they are if you wish to try:

1. Emma D. Conley's birth name and parents.

2. Letters by or to W. H. Conley. I have yet to get an answer from the C&MA archive. The issue seems to be a covid virus closure and a move. 

3. I've found a limited number of newspaper articles between 1875 and 1885 that mention Conley. There must be more. I'm just not finding them.

4. Articles about Bethany Faith Cure Home in Pittsburgh. Send even if you think I may have them.

5. Conley continued to have a business relationship with A. D. Jones into the 1890s. We still need a volunteer who can visit the Library of Congress and photograph the remaining issues of Day Star. Ask me for details.

5. Faith Cure pamphlets published in Pennsylvania between 1880 and 1895. I am familiar with the Library of Congress collection but haven't asked for copies of anything from them - yet.

A note to "Older Other Sheep": If you believe I've misunderstood your intent, email me directly and we'll resolve the misunderstanding.

2 comments:

Bernhard said...

This were:
George Washington Conley (1811-1852) &
Matilda Balsley (1818-?)

Bernhard said...

A Separate Identity: Organizational Identity Among Readers of Zion's Watch Tower: 1870-1887 (B.W. Schulz, R. M. deVienne)

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/1304969401/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=the+separate+identity&qid=1628405123&sr=8-1