Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Conley's Business

 I am including basic information about Riter & Conley. I do not need help with this aspect of Conley's life, though if you have something that might help, do pass it along. My reasoning here is that the company was a major part of his life, and basic information will give my readers insight into the man.

R & C had safety issues, as most industrial institutions did in that era. The company's response allows some insight into the men who ran the company. The issues over wages and hours that filled the steel industry in the 1890s [think Homestead Insurrection], affected Conley. What he said reveals his thinking. 

Your thoughts are welcome.


Update: My access to Pittsburgh newspapers published between 1884-1889 is limited. Anything you can find about the Conleys from those years, perhaps on ancestry.com will be helpful.

No comments: