Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Blog comments are temporarily suspended

I am back in the hospital and expect to remain here for at least a week. Until I am discharged blog comments are turned off.

The reason for this is continuing abuse by posters. We've posted our rules and expectations frequently enough that in most cases the abuse is deliberate. We've had a Watchtower opponent try to repeat old calumnies. A Witness tried to foster his religion with false claims. This is a history site. We have no room for polemics. We had several companies and individuals try to sell their products or services through blog posts that try to seem relevant but are not. And we had a Russellite link to his discussion board with a thinly disguised comment on Jerome's post below.

While I am in the hospital I will not be able to monitor this blog to the degree I usually do. I'm tired of trolls and rule breakers. And I will consider extending the ban on comments after I am discharged. Most of those who visit this blog do not leave comments. That's disappointing but up to them. Most of those who do leave comments are helpful and interested. We have no room for the rest. IF YOU CAN'T RESPECT OUR RULES, DO NOT COME HERE.


Rachael has given me the O.K. to put this extra note up for while she is temporarily off the scene and unable to act as moderator. If you have something really relevant to the project that you want to say, then you can send it to me back-channel. Comments that say “well done” are nice, but we are really looking for material that adds details or questions that seek relevant information. And that keep firmly within the guidelines stated above. Thanks.
 - Jerome

No comments: