Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Blog vists

We appreciate blog visits. They show us that there is some interest in our work. Unfortunately we get visits from people who want to express stupidity, spam or otherwise disrupt the blog. Google/Blogger is wise to the ways of the world, and few of these get through.

Generally, visits from Russia, Korea, Japan, any Muslim country, China are not expressions of interest but attempts to spam or disrupt. Few of these succeed because blogger blocks them. We appreciate this.

To the most recent spammers: If you manage to leave a comment with a link to your web page, know that I will take it down almost immediately. You're wasting your time.

To our Korean, Japanese and Chinese visitors: None of you are here out of interest. None of your posts make it to the blog. They're stopped at the door by blogger. You are wasting my time and irritating me. Stop it. [Not that I expect you will.]

This is a history forum, not a religious discussion board. Most of those who visit it have their own firm beliefs. We do too. Most of our faithful readers know that Dr. Schulz is a Witnesss and I am not and never have been one. We do not discuss our individual theologies on this blog. You cannot either. You may discuss history. We expect that many of our readers know the basic elements of Watchtower belief and history. Some do not. Be willing to learn. I will disallow stupidity. If you insist on promoting a discredited view of Watchtower history,  your comments will be blocked. Do not be rude to blog administrators or anyone else. I won't allow it.

I do not care what your religion is. I do not care about your life style. [As long as you leave me, my daughters and my goats alone.] I do care that you are civil on this blog. If you disagree with any of our writers including myself, it is okay to say so. But you must support your argument with references to original - not secondary - sources. I am never angered by better research. Our work thrives on it. I even invite you to write a well-documented refutation, and I will publish it here. But if you're rude, I will not be a happy princess, and figuratively I will say, "off with his head!" [Yes I read Lewis Carrol.]

I can't end the spammers, but I do report each one to blogger. I will block comments from the terminally rude and stupid.

Now, we also expect that you will do some research of your own before you ask a question. We expect you to assume some personal responsibility. As a teacher, we both learned long ago that students, adults and children, will use an instructor/lecturer as their personal encyclopedias. We're not anyone's encyclopedia. We are, however, willing to discuss issues especially as they relate to our research.

No comments: